Handmade of veg-tan leather by Afrographic in Cape Town, telephone wire by Africa Smiles in KNZ, or repurposed bicycle tire tubes by AERU in Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
- The production of the Leather and telephone wire keychains provides a fair wage and empowerment to the crafters.
- AERU sources the repurposed bike tires locally, and relies on visiting volunteers to make the keychains, which in turn are sold to raise funds for elephant research.
- The naturally treated veg-tan leather (cowhide) is sourced in the Eastern Cape of South Africa
- New Plastic coated electrical or telephone wire is used to create the wire keychains
- 5% of the proceeds from the sale of each elephant or rhino key chain will be donated to elephant conservation efforts in Southern Africa. (Please refer to the giving portion of our website for additional information)